Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Nomination for General Board Member

Hey guys,

I (Tim) am nominating for a General Board member position.

This is not gonna be extensive as the others as it's late and i'm tired.

I'm nominating because I want to see the club move forward!!
I've only been around the past couple of years, but recently there hasn't been any progression with the overall skills/work ethic/commitment of the team and it has hence showed in our nationals performances.

I-Beam & Fshywick (however it's spelt) have the same issues as us compared to the larger states in terms of player base, yet every year they are in the top 4-8 teams, while we sit outside the 10...

Yes, we've lost a few key players recently, but there's no reason that we cant push it to these teams should we put in the hard work. We showed against some of the good teams (eg. Sublime) that we have what it takes to match them, our issue is sustaining our best.
This can be achieved through commitment to the team which involves a solid lead-up, attendance at trainings, and willingness to do better. Last year we had <5 people at some trainings which is just appaling to those not showing, and disrespectful to teammates.

My main goal for the future of karma is to increase commitment to the team, and for people to once again see it as THE top level team in SA to strive for and to put in the hard work to compete strongly at nationals; not just to save our spot, not just to beat rivals, not to crack the top 10..... but to compete at a high level with the top teams out of every other state (I'm not setting a top 4 etc.... as this is an uncontrollable by us and is related to all other teams).

Goodnight,
-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment