Monday, 23 September 2013

Nomination for President



I am nominating myself for President.

Having been the driving force behind Karma over the last two years I feel that I still have a lot to give the club but feel that I can do that better from a position off field rather than on field.

As president I would take an active role in creating and changing the culture of the club both on and off field. This would come in three different ways.


  1.       Choosing (along with the other board members) the right person to move us forward on field in a captaining/coaching capacity.
  2.        Helping to run and organise events throughout the year that continue to foster club culture. These events can be both Frisbee related (tournaments, skills sessions and training camps) and non-frisbee related (Get-togethers and  other social events).
  3.        Work on creating an inspiration-culture (not sure what to call it) in the local league players. Creating a want to join the Elite level and pushing themselves to reach that level.


I would continue to play for the club but would be stepping away from the on-field leadership, instead leaving that to the boards chosen coach. My role in terms of national commitment would be administration.

I truly feel that this club can become a successful nationals club and look at teams like I-Beam, Firestorm, Sublime and Fyshwick and see the potential in our playing group to reach those teams on a continual basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment